Hoof Mate - pack of 30 soaking tablets
- FREE SHIPPING on all Orders Over $120
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
HOOF MATE®️ - White lightning®️
Need a soaking solution that thoroughly penetrates all the crevices?
"So easy to prepare and soak. Has helped me get on top of a chronic case of white line disease"
HOOF MATE - AUSTRALIAS WHITE LIGHTNING. Chlorine Dioxide Soaking Tablets.
30 tablets per box - 5 strips of 6 tablets. 1 box makes 15 litres of soak.
Hoof Mate is a powerful and economical weapon against long standing conditions of the hoof and lower leg - such as thrush, white line disease and scratches. Hoof Mate is a self activating chlorine dioxide tablet that will create an activated chlorine dioxide solution.
Chlorine Dioxide has a long history of use in human medicine as a topical disinfectant.
Need to thoroughly cleanse contracted heels, central sulcus, collateral grooves, abscess holes, hoof cracks? Hoof Mate is the answer. Combine with our handy Monoject Syringes for an easy daily flush.
DIRECTION FOR USAGE OF HOOF MATE
Zydox ® FACT SHEET
Use the supplies and instructions listed below to treat your horse’s feet with Hoof Mate
What supplies will you need?
For cleaning and soaking horse’s feet:
- Water, liquid dish soap
- 1 litre trigger spray bottle
- Stiff bristled brush, hoof pick farrier nail
- Hoof soaking boots OR buckets or rubber pans.
For mixing and measuring the soaking solution:
- Clean, empty 1 litre bottle
- Hoof Mate tablets
- Clean the hooves thoroughly.
- Prepare your horse’s hooves for soaking by cleaning them thoroughly, top and bottom.
- Scrape away packed-in and caked-on mud and dirt with a hoof pick. Use a hoof knife to trim away flaps of loose tissue from the frog, and to open up cracks and crevices in the white line and hoof wall.
- Brush to remove dirt and caked-on mud below the fetlock.
- NB: it’s important to clean thoroughly so soaking solution can reach the affected tissue.
- Add some soap to a spray bottle and fill with water to blast dirt and debris out of the central sulcus of the frog if it’s closed up into a crevice from heel bulb contraction.
- Use the spray bottle and a horseshoe nail to blast and pick dirt and debris out of cracks and crevices in the white line and hoof wall.
- Run the nail all the way around the frog to clean out the dirt line and collateral grooves of the frog. Remove as much packed-in dirt and loose tissue as you can, so the soaking solution can flow easily to areas affected by fungal or bacterial growth.
- Finally, use a brush and spray bottle to scrub feet thoroughly top and bottom with liquid dish soap and water. Put a soaking boot on each foot as you finish
- scrubbing so that it stays clean. If your horse is not used to wearing soaking boots, let him wear them for a while before adding any liquid.
- Add plain or soapy water to the boots and again let him wear them for a while. It will help clean his hooves and get him used to the feeling of liquid inside the boots.
- Pour the water out of the boots before mixing the solution in the next step.
- Place your horse in a stall or yard with plenty of grass or hay to keep him quiet and happy.
- Prepare the soaking solution.
- The solution created by Hoof Mate is an activated chlorine dioxide solution. It is fast acting but may bleach and discolour hair and may irritate open wounds or sensitive tissue if instructions are not carefully followed.
- Note: Use Hoof Mate solutions in a well ventilated area. Read and understand label information and cautions about activated chlorine dioxide solutions.
- Do NOT breathe the gas.
Zydox ® FACT SHEET
A 1 litre bottle holds just the right amount of solution to fill 2 average-size soaking boots. Choose a bottle with a small opening which makes it easy to pour soaking solution into a boot while your horse is wearing it. You’ll want to mix a bigger batch of solution if you’re using buckets or pans instead of soaking boots.
Directions for one litre of Hoof Mate
- Fill a clean bottle with 1 litre of clean water
- Add 2 Hoof Mate tablets to the bottle
- Seal the bottle and allow 10 minutes for the tablets to dissolve, the solution will turn yellow.
- Soak the Feet
- Pour the solution into the soaking boots, pans or buckets and soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Treat the infected hooves 3 times per week for a month or until cured.
- You can pour the liquid out of soaking boots without removing them from your horse’s foot. Pick up your horse’s booted foot, then curl the foot up and back toward the horse’s belly to drain the liquid. Avoid splashing clothing as it will bleach.
- For an extra boost, empty the soaking boots halfway through the soaking time and refill with a second batch of fresh solution.
- To maximise the effectiveness of the soak, you need to supply copious amounts of fresh solution to the affected areas.
- Do NOT use metal utensils or containers for mixing, measuring, or storing chlorine dioxide solutions as it is corrosive.
- REMOVE horseshoes before soaking your horse’s hooves in a chlorine dioxide solution. Chlorine dioxide corrodes most unprotected metals losing efficacy as it is oxidising.
- Sunlight breaks down chlorine dioxide, the active ingredient in Hoof Mate. Store Hoof Mate solutions out of direct sunlight.
SHELF LIFE - 2 years.
FOR APPLICATION TO ANIMALS ONLY.